Laminate these Imagine Cards and put them on a ring, in a recipe box or what ever works for your space. The Imagine Cards are designed for independent “Maker” experiences. They can be completed individually, pairs, or small groups.
Students may come to you with “how do I,” “I don't know how”, “what do I do” etc. Redirect the question back to them.
- Have you imagined a way to create this?
- Have you sketched out your idea?
- Try focusing on one step at a time...
- Look at all the materials...imagine how you could create something that could…
- Remind them there is no one way to create this.
Students are asking because they are interested in trying to create a solution. The struggle and frustration is part of the learning process however their desire to make it work will drive them to find a way.